It was high-time to make some change to this website.
I hadn’t touch its design since 2007: back then the web was all about “XHTML 1.0” and “CSS 2”, it was the good old time where you would prefer a GIF over a PNG just to make sure your images with transparency don’t look completely messed up inside Internet Explorer…
When I made the Breaking Byte website, I had a good experience with Jekyll and Octopress.
So I got rid of the old PHP files I had here, moved everything to Octopress, customized the theme and here
an HTML5 website, with CSS3, responsive layout compatible with mobile, blog engine, social media integration and code syntax highlighting.
Oh and transferring the website to a new host was super-easy: no need for PHP anymore, all the pages are pre-generated, you simply need Apache serving static HTML files.